Staff and volunteers of Flowerfield Arts Centre are committed to practice, which promotes the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and protects them from harm.
We wish to ensure that all children and vulnerable adults participate in an enjoyable and safe environment in which they can have fun and feel valued.
Staff and volunteers of Flowerfield Arts Centre accept and recognise our responsibilities to develop awareness of the issues which cause children and vulnerable adults harm, and to establish and maintain a safe environment for them. We are committed to reviewing our policy, procedures and practice at regular intervals, at least every three years.
We will endeavour to safeguard children and vulnerable adults by:
- Following carefully the procedures laid down for recruitment and selection of staff and volunteers.
- Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training.
- Reporting concerns to statutory agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.
- Adopting child protection guidelines through a code of behaviour for staff and volunteers.
- Sharing information about safeguarding and good practice with children, parents/guardians, staff and volunteers.
- Ensuring safety procedures are adhered to.
The current Child & Vulnerable Adults Protection Policies will be reviewed to coincide with any changes recommended by new legislation.